As kidmin leaders who care about vision, we're constantly looking for fresh ways to celebrate what God is doing and to keep leaders invested in changing lives. Hebrews 10:24 says, "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds."
One tool that's helping us to do this are our new leader boards. We introduced these into each of our children's ministry environments on all three campuses back in January and are already seeing our leaders embrace them as a hub for sharing wins.
Each leader board comes equipped with the following five things:
- a frosted glass dry erase board on the left-hand side to write encouraging messages or verses
- blank "win" cards to share stories of life change
- wires with clips to hang the win stories on
- blank "fan mail" cards for leaders to use to write notes to their kids
- outgoing mail boxes for leaders to drop their "fan mail" in so that we can mail it for them
We've already gotten a ton of traction with "fan mail." Kids love getting mail, and this is an easy way for leaders to make a personal touch outside of the weekend experience. It goes a long way with parents too showing them first hand that we care about their kids and want each of them to feel treasured.
Because we're the Big Picture Show and use a movie theme throughout our ministry, the fan mail idea made a lot of sense with who we are as a team.